Friday, December 18, 2009

I checked my oil today in my 98 grand am gt and it was a muddy color, almost like coffee with alot of creamer.?

what could have mixed with the oil to cause that and is it usually serious?I checked my oil today in my 98 grand am gt and it was a muddy color, almost like coffee with alot of creamer.?
Water in Oil , yes serious see a mechanic


I checked my oil today in my 98 grand am gt and it was a muddy color, almost like coffee with alot of creamer.?
I agree with doane here. This car has the 3400 ohv v6 if I am not mistaken. These are common for intake gasket failure. Sometimes, it will be head gaskets but usually with these is intake. Its not a job to attempt on your own unless you are very mechanically inclined. When I worked for GM these would run about 7-800 parts and labor but you could have it done cheaper at a local repair shop more than likely, altho most small shops will insist on head gaskets even if that is not the issue. I am agreeing here with intake gaskets tho. Have seen enough fail on these engines. Good luck
Anti freeze! You probably need a head or head gasket or possibly a intake gasket. Yes this is serious, get it in and have it checked out right away before you destroy the engine. ';DO NOT DRIVE';. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you don't get it in it will get worse. GOOD LUCK!!
Coolant is mixing with the oil. While it is possible it is the head gasket, it is much more likely that it is the lower intake manifold gaskets. Almost every GM 60 degree V6 has this problem sooner or later.
Only one thing that causes a milky color %26amp; thats water. I'd say you have a leaking head gasket. To be sure, change the oil %26amp; filter again %26amp; use Castor Oil GTX 10W30 drive it a few miles then check it again. This will tell you whats up.
bad head gasket and or head

No comments:

Post a Comment