Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the worst and best Diesel oil for Diesel pickup trucks today?

People say that Coastal Diesel Oils are the worst and Shell Rotella T is the best. My friend has 251,000 miles in his Ford F-250 Diesel; he's been using cheap Coastal Diesel oil since its birth and the truck is running fine.





What are your experiences?What is the worst and best Diesel oil for Diesel pickup trucks today?
Most are ok - I always used Rotella but I believe any straight 30 diesel is ok - the important thing is the filter.What is the worst and best Diesel oil for Diesel pickup trucks today?
I would say rotella. I think depends on your area. I dont know where to buy coastal around here. most oils are made to the same specs anyway, look on the back for the seal. But alot of people like me stick with a proven name.
Rotella T certainly is good, as are most name brand oils. Even a lower priced brand such as Coastal has to pass certain criteria. As long as the vehicle manufacturer's guidelines are followed in regards to oil viscosity, ratings, and change intervals, it really doesn't matter which brand is used.





With that said, I usually use Rotella T 15w-40. I have used Coastal, Citgo, Walmart's Universal 15w-40, and Traveller (from Tractor Supply) with no ill effect.
Biodiesels are the best. That isnt an opinion. Any bio take ur pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment