Friday, December 18, 2009

I was driving today and lost oil pressure and my steering and acceleration died. HELP!!?

I turned off the car when I pulled over and turned it back on and I regained oil pressure and the car was okay, what gives? It is a Pontiac Bonneville 1994. Great car until now! I haven't hit anything just in case you wanted to know.I was driving today and lost oil pressure and my steering and acceleration died. HELP!!?
Check your oil level, Some cars will shut off the fuel pump if it looses oil pressure to prevent damage. Have the sending unit checked it could just be a loose wireI was driving today and lost oil pressure and my steering and acceleration died. HELP!!?
it seems like a bad wire or sending unit
Sounds like the car shut off. When the engine quits you will lose acceleration and power steering.


I have had that happen in my Bonneville, it is so quiet you can hardly tell when it is running.


If it is just the oil pressure gage, it may be the pressure sender. Easy to change I have put in one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment