Monday, April 26, 2010

I have the 2008 honda civic ex and I'm going to do my 1st oil change today..?

What size wrench is the drain plug? Will the filter be hard to turn off by hand? Does the crankcase hold 3.8 or 4.7 qts? Going to put in Mobil synthetic..I have the 2008 honda civic ex and I'm going to do my 1st oil change today..?
if it's still under warranty let the dealer do it, you'll only have to pay for the oil and filter, besides you might lose the warranty.I have the 2008 honda civic ex and I'm going to do my 1st oil change today..?
Your best and easiest bet for the drain plug, is to purchase a larger cresent wrench. Because, every vehicle, has a different size drain plug. Some are also metric, as well. By having a cresent wrench, you can adjust to the size you need. The filter will need to be loosened with a filter wrench, first. This filter is available at most auto parts stores. It fits onto the filter, and, has a handle on it, that, when you turn it, it tightens onto the filter, thereby loosening it, enough for you to turn by hand. Some things you may want to have on hand... Some rags, a oil pan (to catch the oil, when you remove the plug, from the pan). And, possibly, some Oil Dry... This stuff soaks up the oil that may get spilled in the process. As to the question of what your crankcase holds, you'll need to refer to your owner's manual for that information. Also, you may want to run your engine for several minutes, before changing. (Warm oil flows better, and faster, than when it is cold).
Just to correct the under warranty answer, the dealer will change it but you pay for an oil change labor and all because it is considered regular maintenance.
Great choice in oil! That's what I use in my 2008 Honda accord. I would take you're civic to the Honda dealer and let them change you're oil. That way you will be getting the best of both worlds Mobil 1 oil and oem Honda oil filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment