Monday, April 26, 2010

My truck died on me today. Oil seems to have exploded under my hood on the right side..??

I have a 1994 F-150 v8 5.0 and it died and wont start up again just all of the sudden. It is leaking oil like crazy all of the sudden and under the hood it seems to have splattered everywhere. What could have possibly happened and how can i fix it?My truck died on me today. Oil seems to have exploded under my hood on the right side..??
wow.. it sounds like you have a blown block. that would be REALLY BAD. time to get a new car. OR it could be that you just have a blown gasket and their is not enough oil left in the motor to lubricate it, which would cause it to seize.My truck died on me today. Oil seems to have exploded under my hood on the right side..??
The oil pressure sensor on the top driver's side of the engine may have blown apart. It's an easy fix, but don't start the engine until you replace it (see link below). Make sure your oil fill cap is on tight too! And the PCV valve is in place (no openings in the valve covers etc)
sounds like you blew a head gasket (most likely) or cracked the block. you can fix a blown head gasket by replacing it but it will take time and effort. contact me at hunter1stshot@yahoo.com and i will help you as much as i can. good luck.
the hose maybe broken
Hole in the side of the block? You need to inspect your engine for any visible damage to begin with. That oil came from somewhere! If it will still turn over and isnt making any odd noises, clean up the oil and then look to see where it came from. Best can do without more to go on.......
It sounds to me like a broken connecting rod knocked a hole in the cylinder block. You need a new short block. Your valve covers, intake, water pump, alternator and power steering pump have to go on the new block.
Does the truck turn over? If not you blew a hole in the block or head. (most likely the block). If it does turn over it could still be a blown engine, just not locked up (yet). Inspect the area and see if there is a hole in the block near the leak area. The repair is most likely engine replacement.
  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment