Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today I watched a service man change the oil in my Dodge/Cummins pickup truck. He did not pour oil into the ?

oil filter before installing it, as I have always thought was the thing to do. He just put the filter on, added the oil and started the engine. Did he do any harm? The truck holds 12 quarts. Today I watched a service man change the oil in my Dodge/Cummins pickup truck. He did not pour oil into the ?
Probably no damage, what I do is restart only at idle speed, and wait and watch the oil pressure gauge/ warning light for oil pressure. Revving the engine right after a start with a dry filter could be dangerous for the engine.Today I watched a service man change the oil in my Dodge/Cummins pickup truck. He did not pour oil into the ?
It's best to put oil in the filter, but, I don't even do that on my own vehicle. The damage that can be done by this can't even be measured. There is an oil coating left on all of your internal engine components that keeps it safe on start up after an oil change. I've been a mechanic for 19 years now and have seen one maybe two mechanics do this. Alot of vehicles oil filters actually are in a position that you cannot do this.
I was trained and i train my techs to fill the oil filter on any desiel truck. if it causes any damage depends on who you talk to. I say yes due to the amount of oil that has to fill up the oil filter and the amount of time the motor runs without oil while it is filling up.
Most people do fill the filter if it can be installed upright without spilling. It helps circulate it faster but pump will fill it up rather fast should not have caused any damage.
  • blush eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment