Monday, April 26, 2010

Ok im in big touble! my mom knows i like to draw and that..well today i was useing my oil pastels and a few dr

ok im in big touble! my mom knows i like to draw and that..well today i was useing my oil pastels and a few drops fell on my moms new couch! in not to to sure what the fabric is i just know its something like suede! PLEASE HELP!!Ok im in big touble! my mom knows i like to draw and that..well today i was useing my oil pastels and a few dr
Fess up and tell your mom what happened. You could totally ruin it if you try the wrong cleaning method. If it's an expensive couch, your mom may have taken out an insurance policy on it and the store she bought it from will probably come clean it for free.Ok im in big touble! my mom knows i like to draw and that..well today i was useing my oil pastels and a few dr
DON'T try to clean it! You could make it worse.





Be big about it and tell your mom. Don't make it worse by hiding it. It may not be as bad as you think. Apologize and offer to do things to help make up for it like extra chores and listening when she tells you to clean your room. Accidents happen, even when we take all best kinds of precautions.








Use a tarp next time! :)
It sounds like it could be microfiber for the fabric. DO NOT USE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS! Best bet would be to dab (not rub/smear around) with a clean cold damp cloth. Keep dabbing with a clean section of the damp cloth. I have microfiber and it gets all sorts of stuff spilled on it from guests and kids. This has always worked for me with Microfiber. That is why we got that type of fabric. It is suppose to be easy to clean....good luck!
if its an oil based product DON'T USE ANY WATER BASED PRODUCTS. It wont do you any good, before it starts to dry put a small amount of oil on it Ex. baby oil , cooking oil, etc..


then use dish soap it works on grease and oil, put a small drop on it and blot with a wet towel


good luck
Tell your Mom and let her call the place she bought it and find out what cleans them. If you dap, wipe, smear or put cleaning products on it ....it could soak right on in.





Don't touch it. Some times the paint will dry and the drop could be pealed off. Don't touch it.
This might help. When buying a new sofa a lot of furniture stores offer an insurance you can buy and it covers anything.Maybe she bought it.If so they will replace the cushion or whatever.Good luck kiddo.
If its leathery or has a smooth washable surface then spray hairspray on it and it should come off after a good going over and some elbow grease. Best wishes :-D !!!!! Here is a star!!!
Scrub it! Try using that spray stuff that people use on tables, iunno, my mom doesn't yell at me if I tell the truth and apoligize =]
Oops!





I don't know if this will help or not- but if you have it in the house, try Shout stain remover or Resolve carpet cleaner.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment